Tuesday, May 3, 2011

T minus 19

(I actually have no idea what that whole t-minus thing is, but im sure rocket people say it....right???)

In 19 weeks, I'm going to run a half marathon.
Not a full marathon.
Calm down.
Just a half marathon.
21km.
13 miles.
My sister in law and I are doing it together, inspired by my brother, her husband.
Training has begun.
It's hard.
I die.
But I'm gunna do it.
Thinking about it now, it sounds a little insane, who the heck pays money to run that far? 
It's as crazy as paying money to give birth in the states - insane-o!
Mostly it'll be a mental battle, putting mind over matter, developing self disciple, something I seriously struggle with.
But here goes.
T minus 19 weeks......

4 comments:

SiOaNa :) said...

Paying money to give birth is not as ridiculous as paying money to run...lol. But I guess it's almost like paying money to go to the gym...haha...which I should invest in. But more power to you, I know you can do it. I wish I had your motivation to work out. Good luck.

Haley said...

You can do it!! I did one a couple of weeks ago for my first time and am doing another one in 3 weeks. The whole time I was thinking how stupid running is, but when you are finished you all of the sudden love it!

Unknown said...

First of all...I'm pretty sure T stands for TIME. And that's cool. Once that belly goes down, it'd be fun to train for one :) YAY!!! Just make sure Tui is not in charge of the posters. Haha.

Da Denninghoff's said...

fantastic!