Sunday, May 29, 2011

Malachi's Party

It had been cold and rainy all week, but luckily the skies parted and we had a (mostly) fine day for the par-tay.

When Malachi woke up and saw the streamers and balloons I'd put up the night before, he went crazy!!  Seeing his face was totally worth staying up til 11pm blowing up balloons, 100 in total. 

Photobucket

This is how Malachi shows three fingers.....

His cousins and little friends came to celebrate with him.  First they ate.

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of these is not like the others.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little Lachlan, or as Malachi calls him "rockrin" (Malachi still can't say L's)

Photobucket

And then we made cars out of cardboard boxes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was cake time! I'm pretty proud of my $2 shop cake decorating kit, it served me well.

Photobucket

I found this chocolate mould of cars and melted white chocolate to make some. They were the best tasting cars I'd ever seen!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


It was so funny, when we were singing Happy Birthday, one of Malachi's friends (who's name is also Malachi) was getting confused that we were singing to him and kept saying "Me? My cake? It's my party?". Cute.

Next presents.  No surprises, his favourite was a dump truck.  He finally got a big boy bike too, although he still hasn't shown any excitment about it. Maybe I'll hide his cars, maybe then he'll finally notice his bike.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


It was such a fun, simple day.  Despite the burnt pizza's and starting an hour late, it was an awesome day.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWW Happy birthday Malachi (Tafuna). Ha. Good job on the party. Although I don't know why the worry about the weather if it was gonna be indoors anyway? Let me guess....good ole NZ weather starting up?
Love the cake, the cars, the presents, and the cute kids ;)

SiOaNa :) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALACHI. GOOD JOB WITH THE CAKE SARAH. I LOVE IT. AND I LOVE THE CARDBOX CARS ACTIVITY. GOOD IDEA. I MIGHT DO THAT FOR MATT'S PARTY THIS YEAR. ANYWAY, MALACHI SHOULD BE EXPECTING THREE BIRTHDAY CARDS, TO ARRIVE SEPARATELY...LOL...DON'T ASK. WE LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. GIVE A BIG KISS AND HUG TO THE BIRTHDAY BOY FROM ALL OF US. GRANDMA SENDS HER LOVE TOO. WISH WE WERE THERE FOR THE PARTY. NO PACKAGE FOR THE BIRTHDAY BOY BUT HOPEFULLY, THE CARDS MAKE UP FOR IT :)

Unknown said...

Where's his brown little friend?