Sunday, January 25, 2009

A great day




(This post was written like two weeks ago but I haven't had time to download all the photos until now so it's kinda old, but still fun.)


Yesterday was a really great day. And not just because i got to eat a ton of ice-cream and cheesecake. I started out the day with cleaning the chapel, a bit of service always makes me smile. then i attended the first official meeting of the sewing club, of which i have appointed myself Vice President. We went to Leeyen's house and she taught us how to turn an old pair of jeans into a very cool bag (along with other gems like, you have to have a thread in the sewing machine for it to work...lol). It was so much fun. Sewing is a skill i wish i was better at and I'm excited to learn more.



Then we went down to Kahuku to watch the rugby game. It was delayed by a couple of hours so we snuck away to Turtle Bay and hung out at the beach for a little bit. Malachi loves the sand and we found a little tide pool for him to play in. He didn't have his swimming stuff so we just stripped him down - he's a little kid, who cares right?



Then we went back, watched the game, ate some really good BBQ chicken. And even though it was freezing cold and i wasn't very interested in the game, i loved just being with my husband and seeing him enjoying himself. Then we came back, relaxed, watched a movie. Then i prepared my lesson for Sunday school today. It was about the Book of Mormon and the amazing things that took place in order for us to have this precious book. It was kinda bitter sweet because it was the last lesson i would teach as i'm being released. I love teaching, because i get so much more out of the lessons. So all in all, it was one fab day. They don't often run that smoothly or have so many exciting things to do, but I'm grateful for everyday that i get to spend with my little family. They make anything enjoyable. I love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics!! When does the sewing club meet?