Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stair Master

Malachi is now a stair climber. We don't have stairs or steeps at our house so it's never been an issue. But we were at the Houghton's for dinner the other night and he was hanging out on the bottom step of their staircase. I watched him for a while, he couldn't figure out how to get up higher like the other kids so he just stayed at the bottom. I thought i was safe. I underestimated him. The next day we came back to the Houghton's and he watched their 1 year old Anika climbing, he pulled his leg up on to the first step, and the rest is history. Once he figured out how to get up that first stair, he was up the entire lot. He was like the energizer bunny, just kept going and going. Scary. And now, every time we go there, zoom, he's over to the stairs. I have been trying for a while to get a good video clip of it, but every time i try standing behind him and getting a video, he would spend his whole time turning around to look at me. So finally i climbed the stairs myself and coaksed him up. He sure is a mover!

No comments: