Saturday, July 27, 2013

Crystal Mountain

The way the school year runs here in NZ, the kids are in school for a10 week school term, then have a 2 week break, then back for another 3 terms and breaks before having 6 weeks off over christmas/summer.  And so we came to Malachi's first school holidays.  We wanted to do something special with him, so we got tickets to go to Crystal Mountain.  They were 1/2 price, which is good, coz I wouldn't have paid any more then we did to get in.  The place was pretty run down but the kids had the best time.  My sister and her kids came with us, and so did my Mum.  We stayed for about 5 hours, but the kids wouldn't stayed longer.  They had so much fun.

 
On the bungy trampoline.  I was guttered it was a kids one and I was over the weight limit coz I REALLY wanted to go on it.
 

Riding on the train.
 




 
The mini roller coaster was by far the best part.  We must have been on it 4 or 5 times.  The first time I went I saw with my Niece who screamed to get off and made me put my arm around her.  Then the kids went with Mum, and then again and again by themselves.
 
 
They had these cute little automated tractors that the kids liked.  They each had a turn to  'drive'.  There weren't many people there so they went around and around and around and around and around until the guys had to go on his lunch break.
 
 

There were lots of animals to pat and feed.
 
 
They had pony rides.  Malachi has been on a few before, but it was Vili's first time.  I thought he might freak out, but he was so good.  The helmet was a bit big for him though. 
 
 

There was an underground museum with millions of different crystals, huge and tiny any everything in between.  We didn't stay long because Lani was already done and Vili wanted to touch everything.


We had such a great time.  I'm glad we spent the money to do something different.  The boys haven't stopped talking about it since we went.  It was a fun family day out. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: