Friday, July 5, 2013

Malachi turns 5

This is such a sad post to write.  I feel like I need to mourn the loss of my first baby.  He is gone from me forever.  But what I've got now is the amazing 5 year old who blows my mind every day.  He is super clever and helpful and hard working.  He's so caring with his brother and sister.  He is intuitive to people and situations and picks up things that 5 year olds aren't meant to.  He loves to ride his bike, read books, be silly, and go on dates with me.  I could not have asked for a better oldest child.  He will be a great example for his siblings in the years to come.

We celebrated his actual birthday while in Tonga, but still wanted to have someone here in NZ with his friends so we settled on a movie night - easy to organise, they come and eat and watch and go home.  Tui was still in Tonga so I was on my own for this one, with 15 kids.  But it was a blast; they loved the movie, and it home time before I knew it.


To go with his movie night theme I made ''popcorn'' cupcakes for his cake.

Munching away watching How to train a dragon.

Malachi and his party people.  They all came in their PJ's with their fav blankies and teddies.

Happy birthday to you!
 
   

I love how kids are drawn to present opening like moths to a light; no matter how many times you tell them to sit back, they just can't help themselves, they have to sit RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. lol

Happy birthday big boy. oxo
Posted by Picasa

No comments: