Friday, July 12, 2013

The Redwoods

Some friends of ours the Wongs invited us to come to Rotorua with them to walk in the Redwood forest.  I didn't even know the forest existed.  It was amazing!!  These trees were just huge.  Ridiculously huge. There were a few that had been felled and we tried to count the rings to see how old they were - well over 100. It was a nice little outing, good way to get some fresh air and for the kids to see something different.

   
 
 
With the redwood men at the entrance.
 
Our happy little marchers.

Afterwards we went and ate then spent the rest of the day at a playground.  It also had a few natural mud pools that were cool for the kids to look at.
 
   
 
 

I really am grateful for good friends, people that share your values and standards and you can just be completely yourself around.  I'm grateful for my kids to have good friends, that I don't have to worry about what bad habbits or ideas they'll pick up from them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: