Friday, July 5, 2013

Vili's 3rd Birthday

Oh Vili. The 2's were a bit rough.  I fear the 3's.
Vili is such a little firecracker.  He has such a strong personality, not mild like Malachi.  He is the happiest and the grumpiest and the most loving and the most mean and the sassiest and the best behaved and the naughtiest of all the kids.  I love his big brown eyes and curly hair.  He tells me daily "Mum I'm your best friend!!" and almost as often "I will NOT be your friend!!" lol.  He craves undevided attention; if he wants you to watch him, he wants you to WATCH him, continuously, not looking away, not talking to anyone else.  He often says to Tui "Dad, look at me.  Look at my eyes!"  He loves 'baby' (small) things - baby cars, baby cookies, baby lions, and often has an imagainary baby something in his hand to show me.  Vili loves going to nursery, he LOVES his teacher Sister Morrissey.  When it suits him he's a big boy and wants to do big boy things, but then 2 minutes later he can't do something coz he's too little.  Vili has his Dad wrapped around his finger (for like under his thumb) and bosses him around like no tomorrow.  He's our little police man, growling people when they're not following the rules, telling on anyone he feels is in the wrong.  He really is such a character.  My mum (and Dad and SIL) always tell me that Vili is their favourite, but for all the wrong reasons. Lol.  He's like a lemon sherbert lollie - sweet and sour, and totally yummy.

This year Vili wanted a Pirate party.  Actually, he changed his mind almost daily (a car party, a train party, a balloon party) but I picked one and ran with it.  We decided to do his party at the swimming pools (best idea ever! They set up the tables and chairs, you just bring your stuff, and the best part is it's free! You just pay for the people to swim) since our kids love to swim and it totally fits with the pirate theme.  Since this was #3 of the birthdays for the year and we had just come back from Tonga, we wanted it to be as simple as possible.  So we did fish and chips.  Can't get any easier then that.  I made him a pirate ship cake, which at 11pm the night before almost turned into a pirate shipWRECK, but it was salvaged with a bit of kiwi ingunuity and alot of skewers.  I'm sad I didn't get any pictures of the kids actually swimming (coz I was busy swimming too), but it such a great day, and we are totally doing another pool party for someone next year. (Mermaid party Lani?)



   
 

Malachi's pirate face.

Grumpy that I took her sausage away for a picture.
 
 

Say Arrrrhhhh

I love how his cheeks go all fat when he blows.
    

Happy birthday Willy Man. oxo
Posted by Picasa

No comments: